Software QA Training Online. We offer high quality QA courses online. Our practical software testing training online gives you knowledge and expertise to start your career.
With the idea of a 'picture worth a thousand words', we designed a qa course that focuses on developing practical software testing skills. We created a simulated testing environment where students are involved in all stages of the testing cycle: working with requirements, writing test cases, performing function, system and regression tests, developing automated testing scripts and reporting bugs using a real Defect Tracking System. A developer will fix bugs that the student found and release a fixed version of software (new build). Upon new build arrival, the student needs to retest the application to verify that bugs are fixed and no new bugs introduced.
We strongly believe that the value of such software testing training lies in its ability to involve each student in the real testing cycle, which, combined with the provided theoretical part of the course, will meet each individual's diverse needs and interests for both breadth and depth of content.
There are no prerequisites for our qa courses and you don't need to be a computer geek to take it. But, you do need to be a strong PC and Internet user.
First, try our sample lessons FREE! In order to do that:
- On a main page click "CF101 Software Testing Course - FREE TRIAL (Sample Lessons)" link. That will bring you to the 'Login to the site' page.
- Click 'Create New Account' button.
- Fill in the required fields and submit your request by clicking 'Create my new account' link.
- Immediately, an email will be sent to the email address you provided. Open the email you just received and click on the blue link.
- Enrollment page appears.
- Scroll down and under 'Self enrolment (Student)' section click button 'Enrol me'
- If email did not arrive, check your junk/bulk/trash folders. Your email system might filter it out.
- You can find detailed instructions 'How to create a new account' HERE.
Next, click 'Unit' link to read theoretical materials. Click 'Quiz' to take a sample quiz.
If you have any questions, we will be happy to provide you with any information you may require to make an informed decision regarding the suitability of our course for you. You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pay attention that in order to pay and enroll to any of our courses, you need to create an account for "CF101 Software Testing Course - FREE TRIAL (Sample Lessons)" first.
As a next step, you might register for any of our courses and begin your training. Before registration for our main program "CF109 Software QA and Software Testing" make sure you take Quiz 5 in Lesson 5 of "CF101 Software Testing course - FREE TRIAL (Sample Lessons)". Quiz 5 serves as an entrance examination that we use to select students for admission. It determine a candidate's preparation for our course of studies. A candidate passing Quiz 5 with at least 60% marks is eligible to take a course.
After registering for CF109 program, the following things will happen:
- You will get enrolled to the Software Testing course and be able to login to our Course Management System to take lessons using your UserID and Password.
- A personal instructor will be assigned to you. He will answer your questions, grade your assignments and make suggestions when needed.
- You will be able to access our training application that you will be using in this course. The application is full of software errors, and the student needs to find them and report accordingly.
- You will get access to an online Defect Tracking System to report software errors.
- You will get access to online Test Management Utility to write Test Plans and Test Cases
There are 29 lessons in "CF109 Software QA and Software Testing" program. Each lesson teaches you one specific testing activity such as writing test plans, designing test cases, performing function testing, etc.
A lesson contains 3 parts:
- Unit - theoretical materials presented in two forms:
- web page format
- podcast format (audio)
- Assignment - practice in doing real testing activity
- Quiz - a brief exam (10 questions related to the lesson)
Assignments will be graded by your instructor, while quizzes will be graded automatically. Each assignment involves testing a real application, and reporting software errors using an online defect tracking system. A developer will fix the bugs you found, and create a new build of the application, which you will be able to access. After accessing a new build, you should:
- Verify that the bugs you found in the previous build were fixed (regression testing)
- Continue with the next assignment.
Lessons 1-10 will teach you Software Testing Methodology and best testing techniques
Lessons 11-21 will teach you Test Automation
Lessons 22-23 will provide you with introduction to relational databases and SQL.
Lesson 24 will teach you fundamentals of configuration management, maturity models and testing standards.
Lesson 25 will will provide you with introduction to Virtual Machines.
Lesson 26 will introduce you to UNIX operation system.
Lessons 27-28 will teach you how to write a successful resume, and provide typical interview questions and answers.
Lesson 29 prepare you for an internship.
Upon successful completion of software testing training (average grade of all assignments and quizzes is 60% or higher), student will be awarded the Certificate of Successful Graduation.
If the average grade of all assignments and quizzes is less than 60%, the student will be awarded with Certificate of Attendance.
All students with the average grade 60% or higher are entitled to Internship - practice work as a Software Tester on a real software development project. The internship we provide is a part-time unpaid position with one of our cooperative software companies.
The internship has the following objectives:
- Develop new skills and gain useful work experience
- Boost marketability after graduation
- Combine academic knowledge with hands on work experience
Companies look for people with experience and if you have that practical experience, your chances with them rise a great sum. Making sure you are as prepared as possible is important to stay on top in such a competitive industry.
Based on results of Internship, a reference can be provided by student request.
Need more details?
For more details about our on-site and online software testing courses, registration and enrollment please see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
Computer engineering is a fast growing field in todays world. If you are interested in honing your skills fairly quickly, our resources are likely to be a great fit for you! We offer a variety of QA courses online. Look through our options and sign-up for the software testing course online that seems right for you. Our goal is to help you finish the Software QA Training online you need expediently and affordably.